Sunday, March 31, 2013

Questions


When does life begin? And/or When does the soul enter the body?

Difficult questions to ask and answer, yet somewhat relevant on today of all days. Today, you may be celebrating Passover, Resurrection, or simply the Easter Bunny and his colorful eggs; but today I am filled, no consumed, with these questions in my search for less pain as I process this loss.  

Some cultures believe that life begins at conception, others when the heartbeats and many believe that the soul does not enter the body until birth.

I personally, well today at least; I need the soul’s journey to be at birth. I need to know inside my every fiber that my baby is still safe and sound and merely waiting in the wings for a healthy body, one I have yet to provide, but one that is still possible. I need to know that I have not lost a soul I was meant to know, love and cherish. I need to know that my family, my child, is still coming.

Some say that the pain we endure in our lives allows our heart to split, heal and be enlarged by our pain and journey.

Today, today I sit, holding on to some of these warming theories, hoping and praying that my answers will come, and that they will be easy. Oh God give me strength, and please, please, go easy on me this time! Amen

May you all have a wonderful holiday xo  

No comments:

Post a Comment