Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Daddy Dan

The other day as Mitch and I were dropping off the kids at their mothers, Janet makes the blanket statement to all of us in the car “Daddy Dan is here.” In stunned and utter speechless silence I watch them all pile out of the car and make there way up to their mother’s inappropriately small apartment; and apparently into a world where a new man by the name of Daddy Dan resides.

Once they were out of view and my guards were quickly shattered, I turned all of my attention to Mitch in an attempt to be whatever he needed in this bizarre moment of “Daddy Dan” news. But, to my surprise, this news had apparently been more of a slap in the face to me than to Mitch.

Now you have to understand… in all my time in this family I have never heard the kids call Mitch “Daddy.”  They will call him Pop, Pops and Father; but not Daddy. So, here we have the ex-wife, who cheated on hubby number 3 (couple of quick reminders here… 1. Mitch was the 1ST husband and 2. cheating is the ex’s favorite hobby) and in-turn was left with nothing in the divorce, causing her to loose everything, is now living with “the fling of the month” and having the kids to see him as, and call him “Daddy Dan,” all the while trying to secure her 4th marriage?!?!?

Even writing this out now I am just still so shocked!

Why do we, the second wives, seem to take all this bad behavior (from the ex-wives and children) so much more personally then the fathers of our step-kids??

1 comment:

  1. I am second wife and stepmom too. My husband tends to handle situations much better than I do. I think, on the postive side, my husband can see that his ex is doing things for the sole purpose of trying to get a reaction out of him (or attention). At least your husband's ex doesn't get the frequent satisfaction of making him upset ;)

    ReplyDelete