Monday, July 18, 2011

Anniversary Week

This week marks Mitch and my fourth wedding anniversary, and I cannot believe how fast it has gone.

I don’t know what is normally experienced in the first four years of marriage, but I know looking back on what Mitch and I have been through together, that I am so very blessed that he is my partner in life and love. Together we have learned how to co-parent, how to handle the ex-wife and all she throws at us, we have renovated the exterior of our home and given ourselves great vacation get-a-ways each year. We endured many losses, moved a family closer and started a new company. I am so very proud of the fact that we have met each challenge head first and more importantly, as a united front; that we have basked in the great things and gifts our life has given us and that we have celebrated our love at every chance we get.

I know it is still a young marriage, but I know based on what we have already been through that we have what it takes to be “we” till death do us part.

This weekend we celebrated in true “us” fashion. We threw the top down on the convertible, packed up the pup and set off on the open road, letting chance and destiny make each choice for us. It was the PERFECT weekend. Wednesday we will get to celebrate with my parents, whom I thank deeply for their wonderful role model marriage and undying love and support of Mitch and me; and then on an “it couldn’t be planned better if we tried” kinda notes… Mitch and I will be helping my in-laws this coming weekend, and will actually be up in the county/area we were married in…. So needless to say, we will have wound up having a wonderful Anniversary Week!

To the man who took a second chance on love and marriage, I thank you for loving me the way you do, for our wonderful life together, and for all that is still before us. You are my love, my life, my soul mate! I love you always and forever xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxox

No comments:

Post a Comment