Tuesday, June 26, 2012

House and Home



Let me start by saying this, Mitch is my favorite person in this world. He is my best friend and the love of my life. I love that we are inseparable and I love that he cherishes our every moment together as much as I do. I love that we work so well together, and in our building-up this newly developed company of ours, that we will be working together full time here in the near future.

That said, last night I had my first alone night in the house in a really, really long time, and I did enjoy it. Don’t get me wrong, it was odd and I did miss Mitch, but it was nice too.

I didn’t really do anything special. I laid out in the sun with the pups (cat decided to chill in the flower beds), did my yoga, bathed the dogs, tidied up the house, did a couple loads of laundry, etc. We all then settled into the evening and a movie, and we were all in bed by 9:30pm, and by “all” I mean I allowed the dogs and the cat to crawl up into bed with me, no point in leaving Mitch’s space vacant right?!? All was peaceful and quiet until Mitch woke the house up at 11:00pm. Thankfully he unwound and the family settled down quickly, and I was able to fall deeply asleep in his warm and secure embrace. 

So it may sound cheesy, you may shrug this off as they are still miraculously in the “honeymoon” phase, you may think me silly and sappy, or you just may find us gag-inducing, but waking this morning, a little droopy-eyed and nap craving, I will admit that I cherish the great afternoon/evening I had, but I so love having my home back more.

Our house is simply not a home without all of its loved members.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's important to have a little own-time just to be able to remember what it's like :) when you live with someone all the time, you kind of get spoiled. It's nice to be able to miss each other as well sometimes.

    ReplyDelete