Sunday, December 2, 2012

Wonder Woman Down


Today is day two of my recovery and I feel like I have taken a huge step back to where I was when I first got home, but I hear that is a part of recovery. Do I like it? No is an understatement

I know I am neurotic when it comes to keeping a house and home, so I was quite proud of myself for getting everything ready for my being out of commission. The house is spotless, casseroles were made and are ready for Mitch’s re-heating at any time; the dogs were bathed, laundry was completely done and we can survive for 2 week prior to it becoming a laundry emergency. The kids have been kept oblivious to this procedure so they could stay in the magical realm and reality of the holidays. Basically I planned for everything I could think of so that both Mitch and I could have an easy recovery period together. What I did not anticipate was that bending would be ever so painful! Do you know how much you bend during a day?!?!? I didn’t! I mean take away the constant up and down of tiding-up a house, picking-up toys, putting away dishes, lifting bags, laundry, etc. think of just the little moments like sitting and laying, oh that little belly button area of your abdomen really does a lot for you on a daily basis, I know because right now mine is shouting at me frequently!

Mitch has been AMAZING! He keeps track of my meds which is great considering how fuzzy my brain is most of the time, or how naps have been blurring into evening sleeping patterns which makes my tracking it impossible, oh and lets talk about how painful rolling over is!! One minute I am blissfully in a strange drug induced dream and then out of nowhere OH MY FREAKING GOD WHAT JUST STABBED ME?!?!?! I have always been a tummy sleeper, and you would think the mind/body relationship would know to default in this time of need to side-back-side patterns, but no!!! Somewhere in the middle of REM I roll onto the tummy and am sharply aware of each incision and every bruise.  

Our furry babies still do not quite understand why Mom is not feeding them, why they cannot nap with me and most of all why there is something smelly and foreign (bedadine, gauze and tape) on the lap space they love, but Mitch is juggling them and their needs really well.

Mom and I had a wonderfully touching and very tearful moment just after I was rolled into recovery. You have to first understand that I apparently did not like the combination of propiphal and the gas they injected into my abdomen because I was quite ill from that, then I was sore from my throat (where the tube had been) down to my toes, I literally felt like I had been hit by a truck, and with the truth serum known as drugs coursing through me… I actually voiced that to my Mom; not what any mom wants to hear ever!
Well really long and probably odd sounding story later (I probably shouldn’t write while on hydrocodone) I am home, the procedure went really well, and soon, hopefully very soon, I will be back to my normal self, minus the hormone imbalancing cyst that has reeked havoc in my life this year!

Update you more once the meds have worn off :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment