Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Sleepless Night


I didn't sleep real well last night. I guess the operation on Friday is weighing more on my mind than I originally thought. I know, you think I am being wimpy here, but truth be told I have never ever been put under. I know, it shocked the doctor too. I have all my wisdom teeth (apparently the whole “big mouth” taunting was actually true), I have my tonsils and I have never broken anything. As far as the medical world is concerned, I am pretty boring.

So you can now better understand my anxiety about Friday.

I know intellectually that the procedure is an easy one; I trust and really like this doctor and I know that he has done this procedure countless times with a spotless record; I like that I am the first procedure in the morning and that everyone involved will be refreshed and unrushed; I have an amazing support system and will have both Mitch and my parents there…

But there is something that I just cannot shake…

Well, here is to processing that, seeing what the real fear is and working through it before Friday… LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment