Friday, April 5, 2013

Patience


Have you ever examined difficult times in your life and noticed a theme?

I have, on many occasions, but what is hitting me today is… apparently I am not getting mine. Throughout my life it seemed the universe was constantly telling me to be patient. So, with each smack at the back of the head the universe provided, I took a necessary step to learning and accepting patience.

I am big on meditating and like to think I live my days with a sort of “om” balance and rhythm. After I quite my job, Mitch and I took a much needed vacation to Hawaii, and now I find I live my life in very “Aloha” style, you know “n o worries bro, it will get done” kind of pace.

I know being a Step-Mom has made me patient, if only out of sheer necessity or fear of going insane. When dealing with three kids that are not your own, an ex-wife that puts all of Disney’s villains’ to shame, and your new husband whom you are trying to enjoy the “honeymoon” phase of your marriage with, while now having to simultaneously break him in on your way of doing things… you learn to count to ten, to breathe deep in and out breathes, to hum “om,” to find your happy place, to call and cry on your mom’s ear (or a trusted and understanding girlfriend), and if all else fails, to enjoy one more glass of wine… and before you know it, you have more patience than you ever thought possible!

All that said, here I sit, in an absolutely spotless house (I clean when I am mad or processing), trying to be patient for the answers that will not come till the end of the month. The Doctor said he would call… boy don’t we love waiting by the phone! No point in the squeaky wheel calling him constantly, he is not the lab running these tests. So… my house will continue to be spotless, I will kick my A$$ into shape in our home gym, I will do yoga and chant om, and I will breathe; and maybe, just maybe….

I will finally learn PATIENCE!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment